Monday, January 17, 2011

To Know

I read this quote this morning by Brian and Jenn Johnson. "To hear God's voice is a priceless gift." Its so amazing how God works. I woke up at 5:00 this morning and started a study on John 10:14-15 "I am the good Shepard, I know my sheep and my sheep know me. 15 Just as my Father knows me and I know the Father. So I sacrifice my life for the sheep." I noticed in the scripture that Jesus likened us knowing Him like the Father knows Him. I had to research that deeper. The word know comes from the Greek word (genosko). This is the definition:
1. To learn to know. To come to know. To perceive and to feel.

2. To have knowledge of. To understand.

3. Jewish idiom for intimacy between husband and wife.

4. Knowledge grounded on personal experience.

5. To see with minds eye signifies a clear and purely mental perception.

6. A knowledge obtained by a proximity to the thing known.

7. Native insight and knowledge gained through 5 senses.

God fashioned our hearts and He knows us better than we could ever imagine. He is always with us. The Bible says that He will never leave us nor forsake us. Jesus knows the Father because He spent countless hours in His presence. He had insight into the deepest parts of Gods being because of the continuous time that He spent with Him. We have been given the gift of knowing, seeing and sensing with all of our being the character, voice and insight of Jesus Christ. Everything that we need is packaged up in the word: genosko (to know) but the key to unlock that word to make it active in our lives is desire. We can't know the Father unless we come to the Father. We have to talk with Him, read His word and pray, pray, and pray some more. Be real with God. Remember He already knows everything about you. Try to recognize Him in everyday life. Look for Him in the things that you see, smell, touch, and taste. Those that diligently seek Him, will find Him it's a promise! As you spend personal time with the Lord just like intimate personal time in a marriage you will become so close to God that you feel Him all around you everywhere that you go!

Father, I pray that whoever reads this that their eyes will be opened to who you are and what you have in store for them. Lord I pray that they will get the revelation of what it means to truly know you and to seek you. Father lead us this day as we go about your business! In
Jesus Name.
Amen



No comments:

Post a Comment